A few tips to help you keep your budget and stay stress-free!
Are you a Black Friday shopper? Do you look forward to Black Friday every year or do you avoid that day and shop Cyber Monday instead? If you avoid shopping on Black Friday because of the crowds, spending too much money and you get totally stressed out, then read on for your Black Friday Survival Tips!
A special note to my email subscribers:
The Capsule Wardrobe e-books will be on sale on Cyber Monday! Look for your special code in your email that I’ll be sending out Sunday night. Use that code for a special discount on all the e-books in the store, just for Cyber Monday!
1. Research the Sales Circulars and Online Deals – These help give me ideas on what to buy for everyone. Compare prices at different stores of the gift you want to buy. Circle the gifts you want to buy. Online retailers will have Black Friday specials. See which ones you can buy online. You may can some of your shopping at home!
2. Stay Within Budget – Make a budget of how much you want to spend for each person on your list and stick to it. If you write down how much you want to spend for each person and you stick to it, you won’t have regrets later. Once you have your budget, pay with your debit card or cash. If you use a credit card, you may tend to go outside your budget and buy things on impulse.
3. Use my Holiday Present Tracker – This handy form will help you plan your gift list for everyone and stay within your budget. It’s free to download, print and use!
4. Wear Comfortable Clothes – Nothing is more irritating that wearing an outfit that is hot, itchy, too tight or just totally uncomfortable while shopping. If you want to look great while still being comfy, some good pieces to wear are leggings, a lightweight sweater, a long sleeve tee, cardigan or a vest that you can easily remove if you get too hot and a pair of comfy ankle boots or tall flat boots. You can always wear an athleisure outfit with yoga pants, long sleeve tee and tennis shoes.
All these items would be great to wear Black Friday Shopping:
5. Make a Shopping Schedule – First, go to the 2 most important stores, where they have the items you need to buy. Then, take a short break and eat a healthy snack. Next, go to 2 more stores. Make sure to eat a healthy lunch. If you do more shopping after lunch, then be sure and take an afternoon snack break. Be sure and drink plenty of water too to stay hydrated. If you have a schedule with snack breaks and a lunch break, you won’t get tired as easily.
6. Be Courteous – Sometimes it’s easy to get caught up in the moment of shopping during Black Friday. If it gets crowded and you feel uncomfortable, don’t get stressed out and stay just to get Black Friday deals. Your good health is worth much more than getting stressed out. Who knows, you may find a few items later with even better prices!
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! Then, have fun and enjoy shopping on Black Friday!