In this post, I am showing how to style 10 pieces using navy as the main color, which will make 18 outfits. This is a “mini” capsule wardrobe, which has fewer pieces than a capsule wardrobe for a season.
I created two mini capsule wardrobes, a Beige Mini Capsule Wardrobe and a Gray Mini Capsule Wardrobe, to demonstrate how a capsule wardrobe works while focusing on one main color. Since, then I have received several requests from you all to create a capsule using navy as the main color. So, for all you navy fans, this post is for you!
About This Navy Mini Capsule Wardrobe
- “Navy” is used as the main color. I always recommend using either black or navy as your base color when creating a capsule wardrobe. Choosing a base color helps make sure all the capsule pieces will mix and match well. The navy pieces in this capsule are the navy pattern top, dark indigo striped long sleeve tee, navy pants, navy blazer, navy cardigan and navy flats. Mostly all the pieces in this mini capsule are classic and timeless pieces in neutral colors, which are in the best-selling capsule wardrobe collection, Simplified Style®: The Dressy & Casual Collection – A Year-Round Capsule Wardrobe. Although the base color of the Simplified Style® capsule is black, you can use navy as the base color (see below to find out how to use navy in the Simplified Style® capsule wardrobe!
- The style is “elevated casual” – The blazer, button cardigan, blouses, pants and shoes make this capsule slightly dressy, but still maintains a casual vibe.
How To Dress Up This Capsule For Work
If you want to use this capsule for work, you can change up a few of the pieces easily! Here are the pieces to substitute:
- Medium wash jeans – use ivory or beige pants
- Gray jeans – use gray pants or a gray skirt
Use The Mini Capsule For Travel
Since there are only 10 pieces in this capsule, it is great for traveling! Wear one of the outfits, then pack the rest in your suitcase. If you need to wash anything while you are traveling, I recommend carrying a small bottle of detergent with you. You can use the hotel sink to wash any of the pieces, then hang to dry, ready to wear the next day!
How To Expand This Mini Capsule
If you use this mini capsule and enjoy wearing it, you can expand it for even more outfits to last throughout the season and for multiple seasons! Since mostly all of the pieces in this mini capsule are used in the Simplified Style®: The Dressy & Casual Collection – A Year-Round Capsule Wardrobe, you can use the Simplified Style® capsule collection for the entire year in your closet! Simplified Style® includes the classic and timeless pieces that are known to be wardrobe staples that have been in style for years and will be around for years to come. The classic and timeless pieces in Simplified Style® makes over 400+ outfits to wear in all seasons of the year. All 400+ outfits are included in the capsule collection, as well as wardrobe plans for each season, dressy and casual outfit calendars (so you always know what to wear), convenient shopping links and more!
How To Substitute Black For Navy In Simplified Style®
You can use all these pieces in the Simplified Style®: The Dressy & Casual Collection – A Year-Round Capsule Wardrobe eBook! And, to change the base color, it’s easy! All you do is substitute the Black pieces in Simplified Style® for your Navy pieces. These are the pieces to substitute:
- Black Tee – use a Navy Tee
- Black Shell – use a Navy Shell
- Black Sweater – use a Navy Sweater
- Black Pants – use Navy Pants
- Black Jeans – use Indigo Jeans or Ecru Jeans
- Black Shorts – use Navy Shorts
- Solid Black Skirt – use a Solid Navy Skirt
- Black Pattern Skirt – use a Navy Pattern Skirt
- Black Dress – use a Navy Dress
- Black Blazer – use a Navy Blazer
- Black Leather Jacket – use a Cognac or Tan Leather Jacket
- Black Pumps – use Navy Pumps
- Black Flats – use Navy Flats
- Black Slide Sandals – use Navy Slide Sandals
- Black Booties – use Cognac or Tan Booties
You may also like:
The Navy Mini Capsule Wardrobe
1. Navy Pattern Top – This top coordinates well with all the pieces in this mini capsule and comes in two patterns that would both work nicely with this capsule, “navy holiday ditsy” and “ivory bali floral”.
2. White Blouse – The ruffles around the neckline and the covered buttons looks feminine and adds texture to the capsule.
3. Striped Long Sleeve Tee – The indigo color stripes on this wardrobe staple adds interest to the outfits. I have this tee in my closet and love it! The indigo stripes are dark enough that you can wear this tee with either black or navy bottoms.
4. Navy Blazer – You can wear this wardrobe staple with pants, jeans, skirts or over dresses and it looks great.
6. Gray Jeans – The gray color coordinates nicely with the navy color in this capsule.
8. Medium Wash Jeans – Love the denim wash on these. I personally love J. Crew Factory jeans and have two pairs in my closet.
9. Brown Loafers – Loafers are a classic and timeless style and these loafers are super comfortable right out of the box. I have the “saddle” color in my closet and enjoy wearing them! This “cedarwood” color is gorgeous and is a neutral brown color that coordinates well with navy. Similar budget style here.
Shop The Capsule Pieces:
Accessories For This Capsule
Simple jewelry and this Neutral Colorblock Shoulder Bag are the accessories for this capsule. I added this gold halo pendant necklace, these gold halo stud earrings and this gold tennis bracelet as the jewelry. You can also add this scarf or this scarf!
Shop The Accessories:
The 18 Outfits
I hope you enjoyed this post!
Thank you for visiting the Classy Yet Trendy blog!
A Bit Of Inspiration For Your Day:
“In God, whose word I praise – in God I trust and am not afraid.” – Psalm 56:4